Monday, January 14, 2013

GUEST GALLERY: Vought F4U1-D Corsair "White 167" 1/48 by MAREK VRZÁK.

This is the plane flown by Lt. Cdr. Roger R. Hedrick from the USS Bunker Hill in February 1945. This stunning model was made by Czech modeller Marek Vrzák. Marek used the Tamiya kit along with Aires detailing set. Both detailing and painting are equally awesome, that´s the firm of an artist.
It took him several years of work to finish this beauty but I´m sure you will all agree with me that it was time extremely well spent.
You may visit Marek´s facebook: Marek Vrzák 
And here you can watch a video with the sbs process: youtube


















8 comments:

  1. My compliments for this beautiful work ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An amazing model!
      do you know how Marek achieved the silver coloured rivets?
      Greetz
      Dirk

      Delete
    2. Hi Dirk,
      I don´t know how Marek painted the rivets. I use silver pencils or markers to do such things, but I can´t say if Marek did it the same way. Try contact him in his facebook page, and check out a wonderful Fw-190 he is building.

      Q

      Delete
  3. WOAW ! I love it !
    One of the most beautiful model kit of plane I ever saw !...
    Congratulations !
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...here is the youtube link with progress of Corsair building https://youtu.be/pofSNXPidrg

    ReplyDelete