Monday, April 4, 2011

The "Obi Wan´s Starfighter" work: Revell 1/24.

The Eta-2 Actis, manufactured by Kuat Systems Engineering is one of the ship designs I like most of the first three episodes. The Revell Easy-kit is a pre-painted snap together model, but can be perfectly assembled like a normal kit. The fitting is quite good and I only had some problem with the canopy.
The painting was done with Model Air acrylics and the weathering is painted blending diluted acrylic colours.

Diego Quijano.












7 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! Where did you get the pilot figure though? It's much better than the one that comes with the kit. Did you scratch-build him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam,
      Yes, the Obi-Wan figure is re-sculpted using a resin copy of the original as a base. I detailed a few elements of the body and added the seat belt. Head and hands are sculpted from scratch with epoxi putty.
      Revell´s Obi Wan is simply useless.
      Thanks for your words pal.

      Q

      Delete
    2. Ah! I thought so! Really amazing work. The detail is fantastic and the figure really looks like Obi Wan. I'm making a lit version of one of these myself. Love your work mate!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! R4-P17 looks amazing as well, and she looks accurate with her body being white with maroon/dark red stripes! I wonder why they reversed her body colors in the movie though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mate. I also enjoy more the astromech with red head :D

      Delete