Saturday, April 7, 2012

The "Scout Trooper" work: MPC 1/11.

"What's the last thing to go through an Imperial scout trooper's head when he hits a tree? His afterburner." ―Joke told by Rebel forces on Endor.

"The 74-Z speeder bike, sometimes referred to as the Imperial speeder bike due to its use by scout stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire, was a speeder bike manufactured by Aratech Repulsor Company used for reconnaissance purposes, as well as rapid transportation in combat zones."Wookieepedia.

This is the oldie mold from MPC. The bike is not bad at all but the trooper figure is not easy to turn into something credible. Anyway, is one of those kits essential for the real fans (either you assemble it or not) and with enough faithful work you can get a nice result.
I transformed a little the figure to get a more dynamic pose. Basically I raised the right arm so he can aim the blaster and turned the head so he looks slightly to the right. The figure is attached to the ground with a metallic tube through his left foot, the long grass hides the tube perfectly. I think that the effect works really well.
Cheers from the Sanctuary Moon of Endor...

Diego Quijano.














11 comments:

  1. Buena composición y mejor maqueta, enhorabuena.
    Aunque no es mi tema en concreto, está de película.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flawless victory ;-) Great work done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks people. :)
    Cheers.
    Un saludo, Pablo.

    Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to extend an Invite to showcase this wonderful work of art at my new gallery website my friend, It would definitely be an honor to have this among'st our ever growing community.

    http://paintedhobbies.com/dolph/index.php

    Sincerely.
    Kriz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´ll be a pleasure for me too, kriz. Thanks.

    Q

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a kit I have in my "to do" pile-I had never thought about modifying the Scout Trooper figure until I saw this! Simply brilliant! Truly inspirational work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think it looks better this way. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  7. Hi Diego,

    I have finished my AMT speeder bike model and wanted to share it with you. Your work is an inspiration to me! You can see it here on my new blog:

    http://thescalemodelhangar.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/a-long-time-ago-from-workbench-far-far.html

    Hope you like it!

    Best wishes,

    Mac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice speeder! there is a lot of nice models in your blog, Darren :D
      Great job!!

      Delete